Friday, October 5, 2012

I. Blame. The. Dream.

I blame the dream. I have been in the worst mood ever since my feet touched the floor this morning (at Dark Thirty), and I blame the dream. It was the. weirdest.dream.ever. It started out nicely enough....I was on a luxury liner, going to some undisclosed tropical location for a much needed, well deserved rest...then the ship turned into a ferry, that just so happened to have the Church Van on it, filled to capacity with some of my charges, my daughters, and myself. Somehow, I wound up driving the van off the ship, which in and of itself is a nightmare, because I HATE driving that thing! We were instantly caught up in NYC type traffic - besieged on all sides, on a road that led to a very high bridge (I hate THOSE slightly more than driving the Church Van). There was a place to pull over and look at the water, and all the kids were begging, so I pulled over for a look see. Suddenly, I was transported to the penthouse of an oceanfront hotel room. From the balcony, I could see an ocean teeming with Manatees and Dolphins...hoping that I would see a Whale (It shares the number one spot on my bucket list - alongside a trip to Ireland), I leaned forward, and found myself on a boardwalk just above the ocean water. It was at this moment, that I realized all of the Children were back at the bridge! Panicked, I started running down the boardwalk, only to be thwarted by very large sea turtles who were hurling themselves out of the water, and on to the planks in front of me....did I mention that these were SNAPPING sea turtles? I finally extricate myself with some Jack Bauer worthy moves, only to be confronted with the tallest mountain I have ever seen, with one sidewalk going straight up...instinctively I knew that this was the only way to reach the kids. I started up the path, sure in the knowledge that I would have a blown knee or a heart attack before climbing very far, when all of a sudden, out of the blue came a very large Black Standard Poodle(much like the one I see twice a week or so, when I take Baby Girl to her nannying job). He speaks to me with his extrasensory, brain wave powers of communication and tells me I have only to place a hand on his back, and he will help me up the mountain....It was at this point that The. Most. Obnoxious. Alarm. In. The. World. went off, leaving me to wonder how my journey might have ended. The day did NOT improve upon waking, so if you see me out and about in the next day or so, please, be gentle.....and if you are one of  my psychologist friends, or are into dream interpretation.....kindly refrain from analyzing me......I would hate to erroneously go all snapping sea turtle on you.....

1 comment:

  1. I must ask. What on earth did you eat or should I say drink before you went to bed!

    ReplyDelete