Saturday, November 17, 2012

No broken bones....

Today's Thankful Thing is a no brainer! On this day, I am exceedingly Thankful that no one was standing behind me as I entered the movie theatre. We were all so excited - we were mere minutes away from seeing Breaking Dawn, part two. (Do. not. hate....Do. not. judge. - I am not ashamed to admit that I have loved both the books and the films.The scarf, dark glasses and trench coat were just necessary parts of my wardrobe today!) The girls went ahead to get the seats - I followed  behind, as I had to make a pit stop - My bladder has shared space with three babies, after all - it can't be expected to be in prime working condition...the poor thing can barely make it through a movie that in any way involves the drinking of soda. In my desire to get into my seat so as not to miss any previews, I was moving along at a pretty clippy pace. Down the hall, 2nd theatre on the left....I went through the wide double archway and made an immediate right. The problem? The entry into the Theatre itself was to the left...to my right was a cement wall, camouflaged in inky black velvet - masquerading as a through way. I discovered this sad fact only after I did a face plant - right into the cement wall, and let me tell you, fluffy girl bounced...and yelped (OK - maybe wailed like a banshee might be a more accurate description, and at the risk of being guilty of TMI, it is a VERY good thing that I had emptied my bladder just moments before, so great was my degree of surprise). I can only imagine what I must have looked like - it's a shame, really, that it wasn't recorded. Had it been, I could have earned a record amount of Christmas Spending money, after the footage went viral, I won America's Funniest Home Video, and I became an instant celebrity after I guest starred on that MTV show Ridiculousness...... I am also thankful to report that no bones were broken, no teeth knocked out, and the only thing that appears to be bruised is my ego! After I steadied myself for a bit, I schlumped into the theatre, took my seat, and recounted my tale of woe to my female progeny.....whereupon they neither looked concerned or inquired as to my welfare...they were too busy waking the dead and shaking the seats with their laughter. I didn't have time to be indignant, because the lights dimmed, the screen flared to life, and we were transported into the wonderful world that is the cinema. The movie was so very well made - with the craziest twist I have ever witnessed - one that may or may not have caused me to throw my arms up in the air and yelp again - this time in disbelief! By movie's end, there was a wad of Kennedy girls - we were so entwined, half sitting on top of each other - it took us beyond the end of the credits to untangle ourselves and gain our feet....I walked out of the Theatre (with more care than I entered it!), Thankful that my daughters love the whole movie experience as much as I do - we always have the best time. And did you know, that Chick Fil A has already started serving their Christmas Peppermint Milkshake?! Today was an embarrassment of riches, I tell you.....a long awaited movie, time with my girls, Peppermint Milkshakes AND no broken bones.....when ya got it.....ya got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment