Thursday, November 22, 2012

Snapshots of Thanks....

Coffee in my favorite mug, crackhouse Puppy at my feet.
Parades and breakfast casserole - that surely can't be beat.
Recipes checked, ingredients gathered -Cooked all morning long,
Hugs and laughter and broken dishes - Me, bursting forth in song.
Family here from near and far, favorite stories told,
Brothers, Sisters, Nieces, Nephews...how did we get so old?
The Pavilion tables - set and pretty, seems a carport no more -
 Due to lists and proper planning, only one trip to the store.
Turkey, ham, and sweet potatoes; cheese biscuits and baked rice,
Grandma's recipe for the old Egg Gravy, it turned out pretty nice!
Coffee, Spice Bars," Faux Baklava" , not one but two Chocolate Pies,
Our mission? We were out to prove, our stomachs larger than our eyes...
We sat around, al fresco dining, replete with food and love,
Aware once more, that all good gifts are sent from up above.
I felt the ancestors, one by one - they were with us, in this place.
I could feel the dear ones, and if I squinted, could see each precious face.
I'm Thankful for the Food, the laughter, and for the ties that bind
We gathered together, asked the Lord's blessings, for us, and all mankind.
Praise God From whom all blessings flow, they make a Firm Foundation.
I'm Thankful for my home and family, and for this hurting Nation.
The sun has set, and my Pavilion is now aglow with Happy Lights,
Dishes to do, and tables to clean on this Thanksgiving night of nights.
I'm feeling very grateful, for the goodness of this day
I'll have such happy memories, when upon my bed I lay...
For bounty and success and wealth, are not always found in Banks...
Now I am rich beyond compare, in these - my snapshots of Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment